Finally… We’ve all been waiting for the Cleveland Indians Home Opener! For some reason, it feels like this event really means that Spring is officially here. It’s also widely accepted as an unofficial holiday, and we can’t argue.
With that being said, we want to make sure you’re prepared to cheer on our Tribe! Here’s what you need to know about the Home Opener today:
– If you’re headed down to Progressive Field, or you plan to be outside in general — Good news! It’s going to be a dry day. But dress for chillier weather.
– The Indians will be taking the field at 4:10 PM and will play against the Chicago White Sox.
– Mike Clevinger starts on the mound for the Tribe after an outstanding 2018 season, where he logged 200 innings with 207 strikeouts!
– If you’re going anywhere downtown, we definitely recommend taking the rapid if you’re coming from the suburbs. It makes transportation easier and you’ll be among plenty of fellow fans!
– If you’re going downtown but not to Progressive Field, we highly suggest the Thirsty Parrot to hang out for a drink and watch the game with other fans. But get there early… It will be packed!
Above all, have FUN and be SAFE! And go Tribe!